Board of Management
The Board of Management has eight members: two members nominated by the Patron, two members elected by the parents, the School Principal and a teacher elected by the staff. These six members then nominate two other members from the wider community. The term of office for the Board is just over four years.
The function of the Board is to govern the school, including policy formation and implementation, appoint staff (subject to the Minister’s and the Patron’s approval).
The Board must, at all times, comply with legislation, the Rules for National schools, the Constitution of Boards of Management and directives from the Department of Education and Science.
A new Board of Management was put in place on December 1st 2023.The term of this board will run from 2023 - 2027
Our Current Board of Management.
- Chairperson: Mr. Seamus Clifford
- Patron’s Nominee: Fr. Kieran O’Brien
- Principal: Mrs Ellen Cagney Acting Principal
- Teacher’s Nominee: Ms Peg O'Mahony
- Community Nominee: Mrs. Ann Tangney
- Community Nominee: Mr. Tadgh O’Sullivan
- Parent’s Nominee: Mrs. Margaret Cooper O'Sullivan
- Parent’s Nominee: Mr. Daniel Foley