First class Mr Cahill
School Closure Work
Week beginning Monday 25th May
First Class Work: 25th – 29ndMay
- Fun at the Circus- continue reading ‘First Class Postcards’ pgs- 91-94(can be accessed online at https://www.gillexplore.ie/gill-explore-resources/over-the-moon-first-class-skills-book
- Over the Moon Skills Book- complete activities pg 136-138 (can be accessed online at https://www.gillexplore.ie/gill-explore-resources/over-the-moon-first-class-skills-book)
- Read any book from home- 10 mins a day
- Spellingsthis week are: another, where, half, laugh, little, once, people, should, these.
Activities: (1) Put the words into sentences (2) If possible put the words into a question (3) Make a word shape (4) Practice writing out the words each day.
We are using the snip spelling programme (session 15 this week) and worksheets for this programme can be accessed using the following link:
Excellent activities here to practice our spellings for the week including a word search, crossword ad word shapes.
- Reading Activity:Continue reading one of your books at home, take a recording of two pages and send it on to me on seesaw. I’m so impressed with everyone’s reading, you all sound amazing so keep up the super workJ
- Finbo Audio Book: Your running buddy in 6th class is really missing you at the moment and they’re so disappointed they can’t meet you and talk to you. So last week they’ve been working really hard and they’ve come up with a lovely treat for you all. They’ve recorded a special version of an audio book for each of you called Finbo. I will email each of you the story that your partner recorded for you. Each story contains a nice message and there are three questions at the end for you to answer and send to me. Like I said the 6th class girls and boys have worked very hard on these stories so if you’d like to maybe write a thank you note for them you can send it to me on seesaw and I can send it on then to Ms. O’Mahony for them. I hope you all enjoy your story!
- Master your Maths-Most people should be finished the weekly activities so continue with the next two Friday tests at the back of your book
- Addition Worksheets: You all did brilliant work with the addition worksheet last week. We will continue practicing the addition with regrouping but there will also be a couple of word problems. Just remember to read the questions carefully!
- Siopa Bréagán on seesaw. Children can use the new vocab about the toy shop to answer a number of questions on the last slide.
- Sahara Desert: Look at the powerpoint about the Sahara Desert and answer the questions that accompany it.
Grow in Love: Theme 10: Lesson 1 ‘Living in Love’
You can log in on the www.growinlove.ie website with the following details
Go to growinlove.ie and click on login.
Halloween Dress UP