A Message from the Board of Management
On behalf of the Board of Management, I want to extend a warm welcome to all children, teachers and staff as they return to school on 31 August. There is always a great sense of expectation at the beginning of every school year particularly for the junior infants and their families as they begin their primary school journey. We acknowledge that this school year is very different as the Covid virus is affecting our lives in so many ways. Much planning, preparation and resources are in place to make the return to school as safe as possible. My thanks to our own school leadership team, the teachers and staff for the preparations they have made over the last few weeks. I appreciate also that the arrangements in place require co-operation and patience from parents and all the school community and I thank you in advance for that.
I would also like to extend best wishes to the children, their parents and families who have First Confession, Communion and Confirmation coming up in September. These sacraments are being held in a very different environment to normal also, but I am sure that they will be meaningful celebrations of very important events in a child’s life.
Beannacht Dé agus Muire oraibh go léir.
Chairperson Board of Management.
First Communion Celebrations for Lissivigeen N.S.
Saturday 5th September
Church of the Resurrection
Mrs. Long’s 3rd Class at 10.30am
Mr. Brosnan’s 3rd Class at 12.30pm.
The following guidelines have been issued by the parish to ensure that First Communion ceremonies can take place safely.
- Adults must wear a face mask or visor in the Church and use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the Church.
- Attendance in the Church is limited to the First Communion child plus 5 others per family and they will all sit together in the one seat.
- 2 metres between each family will be maintained by using every second pew.
- There will not be a choir so the music will be by a cantor and organist.
- Readings and prayers will be read by school staff.
- There will not be any entrance processions or offertory processions.
- There will not be altar servers.
- There will be one practice in the Church to organise seating places and movement at Communion time. Each class will have a separate practice time. We will organise this with the school in the week prior to Communion.
- No class photographs will take place in the Church after Mass. Individual photographs can be taken outside afterwards.
- First Holy Communion is a lovely family celebration. We encourage all celebrations to happen within the public health guidelines.
First Confession at Lissivigeen National School.
First Confession will take place in the school on Thursday 3rd of September. The children had all the preparation completed for this prior to the lockdown so with a little practice within their own class they will be ready again for Thursday 3rd. It will be a very simple ceremony with children going to the hall in small groups where we will have plenty of room for social distancing while making their First Confession. Obviously we cannot invite parents into the school for this ceremony so it will be children only.
If you have time you might go over some of the prayers for Confession and Communion with your children as this will help us when we start revising them when we return to school.
Thank you all for your cooperation and patience and hopefully we will have a great celebration on September 5th.